Election commission of Karnataka came into being on 26 May in the year 1993. It came into force by promulgation of two major amendments of Indian constitution that are 73rd and 74th. Karnataka election commission has been set up to conduct elections of urban and rural bodies of this locality. Election commission Karnataka under it has Grama Panchayat, Zilla Panchayat, Taluka Panchayat besides other four other types of Local Bodies coming under Municipal Corporations. These four municipal corporations are; council of City Municipal, council of Town Municipal and Panchayat of Town.
Information Available on Website of Election Commission Karnataka:
- Details of organizational Structure of Karnataka election commission.
- Details of Acts and Rules that are to be followed and read carefully before applying as a contestant.
- List of circulars been provided online at official website of Karnataka Election Commission.
- List of orders that are been given under information head of election commission Karnataka.
- Reports and tenders of elections been conducted till now in Karnataka.
- Details of contesting candidates of Karnataka.
- Links to important documents and sites available on official website of Karnataka election commission.
- Format of declaration form for the contestants.
- FAQs related to election conducted here.
- Important contact details of different offices and officers of Election commission of Karnataka.
- All information related to Citizen Charter.
- All types of forms related to election conducted in Karnataka.
- Important Schemes under Karnataka election commission.
Details of Election Commission of Karnataka:
- Election commission Karnataka has more than 400 constituencies of Zilla Parishad spread over a large extent.
- Election commission of Karnataka has many constituencies of Panchayat Samity operating in more than 200 Panchayat-Samities.
- Karnataka election commission has 36016 constituencies Gram Panchayat running under 3354 Gram-Panchayat.
- Wards operating under its curvature are been carved by deep thinking.
- On its official website, you can have a live demo of voting.
- You can currently see BBMP results worldwide.
- There are details on elections of Gram Panchayat.
- Besides gram panchayat, there are results of TP and ZP elections.
- You can also see its online brochure.
Address of Election Commission of Karnataka:
State Election Commission Office
KSCMF Building, Annex, # 8
Cunningham Road, Bangalore – 52