Running world’s biggest democratic nation is not an easy task. There has to be equal understanding between people who are ruled and the ruler. For this reason a separate election commission has been set up for each state of India. Election commission of Kerala like other state election was set up under article 243-K. It is read with 243-ZA article of Indian Constitution. Kerala election commission is a statutory authority registered under Sec-239 of Kerala Panchayat Act, 1994. The election commission Kerala is an independent body which functions autonomously as per constitution of India. Its provision was laid after Amendment acts of 73rd and 74th 1992 in Indian Constitution. All elections done for Panchayat, urban or local body are conducted under superintendence of Kerala election commission.
Information Available on Website of Election Commission Kerala:
- Details of election conducted till now in the state of Kerala.
- All information of parties and symbols coming under Kerala election commission.
- All types of forms related to election conducted in Kerala.
- Details of statutory orders that are to be followed and read carefully before applying as a contestant.
- Results and judgments of elections been conducted till now in Kerala.
- Links to important documents and sites available on official website of Kerala election commission.
- FAQs related to election commission Kerala.
- Important contact details of different offices and officers of Election commission of Kerala.
- A photo gallery to have a glimpse of Kerala election commission.
Unique Powers of Election Commission Kerala:
- Election commission of Kerala delimits all local constituencies under it if he finds it worth doing so.
- It has full power of conducting elections in Local Government of any type and level; it has to make time decisions also.
- Election commission of Kerala can impose his disciplinary powers on his staff.
- Election commissioner can punish those candidates who are found guilty.
- Election commission Kerala has power to assign constituencies and reserved posts.
Those candidates can be expelled from the poll who doesn’t submit his/her election accounts.
State Election Commission,
Corporation Office Complex, LMS Junction
Palayam, Thiruvananthapuram - 695 033
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph : 0471 - 2325048, Fax : 0471- 2338288