India is world’s biggest democratic nation and being that is not a child’s play. It requires equal understanding between centre and states. This is the reason behind a separate election commission for each state of India. Election commission of west Bengal is a constitutional body set up under article Constitution of India. The election commission west Bengal is an independent body which functions autonomously as per constitution of India. All elections done for Panchayat, urban or local body are conducted under superintendence of west Bengal election commission.
Information Available on Website of Election Commission West Bengal:
- Details of organizational Structure of west Bengal election commission.
- All information related to Citizen Charter.
- All types of forms related to election conducted in West Bengali.
- Details of Acts and Rules that are to be followed and read carefully before applying as a contestant.
- Reports and tenders of elections been conducted till now in West Bengal.
- List of circulars been provided online at official website of West Bengal Election Commission.
- List of orders that are been given under information head of election commission west Bengal.
- Details of contesting candidates of West Bengal.
- Free symbols that can be taken away by aspiring candidates.
- Links to important documents and sites available on official website of west Bengal election commission.
- Format of declaration form for the contestants.
- FAQs related to election conducted here.
- Important contact details of different offices and officers of election commission of west Bengal.
- Important Schemes under west Bengal election commission.
Details of Election Commission of West Bengal:
- Election commission west Bengal has 755 constituencies of Zilla Parishad spread over 17 Zilla-Parishads along with one Mahakuma Parishad.
- Election commission of west Bengal has 8864 constituencies of Panchayat Samity operating in 341 Panchayat-Samities.
- It has six municipal corporation having 121 municipalities.
- West Bengal election commission has 36016 constituencies Gram Panchayat running under 3354 Gram-Panchayat.
- It has a total of 1806 wards operating under its curvature.
Contact Details of Election Commission West Bengal:
- State Election Commissioner – 2280-1392/ 5277/ 5805
- Additional election Commissioner – 2280-7373/ 7474/ 2289-2320
E-mail Address For Correspondence:
http://ceowestbengal.nic.in/ - State Election Commissioner
Address of Election Commission Of West Bengal:
West Bengal State Election Commission
18, Sarojini Naidu Sarani, 2nd Floor
Kolkata, 700 017